RE: support, T-shirts, etc. (composite reply)

I was goint to risk my own $$$ on the board. It would have been used
to bring up the F21 and if it was working good enough we would have
a product.

I use this method all the time to shorten development to payoff time.

If it didn't work - I lost my $$$ and Jeff gained some help.

I'm focusing on FPGAs, speeds are going up, prices down, risks minimal.
And I can do 2 - 6 FABs a day for only the cost of my time. Jeff can do
one FAB every three months if he has the $10K.

Jeff has the ultimate in speed and effiency. I can often add
custom instructions and hardware in the FPGA to make up a
lot of the difference.

Would I like an F21? You bet.

But I want to suceed in the market place. To do this I have to lower
the risk. Proprietary chips from companies with no track record
run by 'flakes' do not inspire confidence.

We have a very good technology model run by some very competent
people. Thanks to Chuck, Jeff, and many others.

What we are missing is a working business model.

My claim is that as insurgents the Grateful Dead model is
more useful than the IBM model.

I have been preparing my plan for 3 years. I am in the process
of execution. We shall see.

We need more FORTH application articles in mainstream magazines.
Control systems and the like. Where FORTH is incidental to the
application.

I'm working on teaching machine tool users FORTH.

Inside and outside the box.

Programmers are not our only market.

Simon

Simon - http://www.tefbbs.com/spacetime/index.htm