Jeff's test board for F21

I've got the lists from Jeff's web site about the test board.
Who knows what kind of package the surface mount SRAM comes in?
For 70 pin DRAM sockets does anyone recommend a
good surface mounting connector?
What's the best way to attach a 512K ROM?  Get it in a DIP package
and use a couple of machined socket headers to wear out plugging
ROMs into, or use a ZIF socket and EPROM's, or is there a good 512K
Flash serially programmable ROM that could just be
soldered in place surface mount?

Does Jeff have the stuff to use a Flash serially programmable ROM?

I'm going to
do some layout and see if we can
evolve a board that Jeff will use.

Jeff did just today make one comment about the board as follows:

[JG]>Interested in PCB design from me?

[JFox]
certainly.  The suggestions for what I would like are at my site.
People in the mail list can answer questions.  I am trying to take my
first vacation in 14 years. See you next week. ;-)

[JG]>Soon could put some effort into PCboard
>with lots of test points if you want,

[JFox]
We are hopefully past the lots of testpoints stage.  These chips
boot and run DRAM code.  We need to have lines to the coprocessors
and clock etc.  Simple stuff.  We just don't want all the I/O lines
tied up talking to PICs and requiring lots of code to work right
the first time to do anything....

John Griessen
Austin TX  512 451-8207