FW: Jeff's test board for F21

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Zott [mailto:jaz@itvc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 1999 2:51 PM
To: John Griessen
Subject: Re: Jeff's test board for F21

John,

At 11:37 PM 3/22/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Who knows what kind of package the surface mount SRAM comes in?

Don't know what he has spec-ed. Cypress and IDT have relatively complete
lines of asynchronous SRAMs.

>For 70 pin DRAM sockets does anyone recommend a
>good surface mounting connector?

If you are talking SIMM sockets, I have never seen one available in surface
mount.

>What's the best way to attach a 512K ROM?

I would go with the ZIF socket.

>is there a good 512K
>Flash serially programmable ROM that could just be
>soldered in place surface mount?

The large Flashes are not serial. The largest serial EEPROM I know of is
Atmel's 1Mbit device. The largest serial configuration PROMs, used to
program FPGAs, I know of are in the 4Mbit range. I don't know of any serial
EEPROM/Flash devices with a 4Mbit (512k Byte) density.

>Does Jeff have the stuff to use a Flash serially programmable ROM?

I don't know.

Joe

The iTV Corporation is a vertically integrated computer company developing
low cost components and information appliances for the consumer marketplace.

Joseph A. Zott			(650) 568-7240 direct voice
Vice President, Engineering		(650) 568-7250 fax

The iTV Corporation			http://www.itvc.com
60 Fifth Avenue
Redwood City, California 94063