MMX-MISC

Hi,

it's probably a stupid question, but I want to ask it anyway.
Why are the MISC-processors apparently used in domains like
video-processing while they're not especially designed for it?
In that prespective I think it's odd that a 'simple' instruction
set like MISC can outrun specialized once like the MMX-IS.
Yes, I know, MMX is a failure on its own, but there are made
several efforts over the last years to support multimedia in
hardware. So, I'm just curious why of all domains the processors
are used on images and why they're so good at it.
Also thanks to everyone who helped me out last time with
my mails. You know who you are and know that I appreciated the
answers.

Greetings, Tom.