Re: questions for Chuck

In message <199905141702.MAA12311@rgate.ricochet.net>, Jeff Fox
<theFox@UltraTechnology.com> writes
>Chuck Moore will give a talk at the SVFIG meeting May 22.  He has
>made a couple of comments in comp.lang.forth recently and asked
>people what they would like to hear him talk about.  Any suggestions?

Assuming you will report the meeting, Jeff...

I'm interested in the way he makes his decisions regarding future
developments.  It's clear that Chuck doesn't have the resources for, and
probably doesn't care much for conventional market research.  Is it
'finger-in-the-air' type of gut feeling, or perhaps based on his own
non-misc work, or based on a vision of what people should or might want
to do?  So far, RTX and ShBoom have been just right for me, so he hasn't
made too bad a job of it.

Without getting too mystical about things, Chuck does have some
considerable status as a visionary, and I'd be interested in knowing
more about the way things *feel* to him rather than the day-to-day
actuality.  Would we have stack machines if there had been no Forth?

Does he look at ANS Forth and think 'Look what they done to my song,
Ma'?

Oh yes, the keyboard and the colours too :-)

Cheers
--
Keith Wootten