Re: Over the hills and far away

Hiya!

Yes, it would be nice to have something solid to work on. I know that it is harder for some of us to get things going because of time constraints, I have them too, yes, hard at work making a living! But whatever little we can contribute is surely better than nothing, however long it takes (like a house, brick by brick).
We had so many offers of assistance before, excellent offers, small offers, whatever, it looked as though we had some sort of movement.
Basically: We gotta get that gumption going again.

Luis.

>>> Devadas  Menon <dmenon@pacific.net.sg> 15/06/99 04:39:53 >>>
Hello Luis,

All things require a prime mover. Unfortunately a lot of us (me
especially!) is struggling to make a living, leaving precious little time
for this.

I did buy one F21 chip from Jeff to help. My idea is to build a working
system with it. But the pressures of making a living means that I have not
done anything more with the chip!

I feel that what we need to do is for someone to do a working prototype of
a "PC" with the F21 or some similar chip ie. schematics, PCB layout etc;
have some blank PCBs made available etc. so that those who are interested
can then buy this PCB and associated components and then assemble thier own
"PCs". Once this is done with the simulator/development tools that Jeff has
I am sure that more people will comeforth to actually write some useful
software on it.

Right now my bottlenecj is that I do not have a working F21 based unit to
test/write some of the software.

Look forward to hearing your comments.

Regards...Das

ps.	If someone can actually do a PCB lay out and give me the gerber files,
I can volunteer to get a few prototype PCBs made.