Re: TCAP hoax, was: Over the hills and far away

I hadn't seen that rebuttal before...mind you I had only seen the TCAP infos a couple of weeks ago after trawling the net for some other unrelated info! Anyway, I thought it might have piqued someones interest!
I have learnt that no matter how far out a claim is there sometimes is a grain of truth in it, even if only presenting a possibility, so if it sends my thoughts off on a tangent I let it go, something useful may turn up.

Luis.

At 12:51 19990617 -0700, Mark Tillotson wrote:
>Hi Luis,
>
>See the below url for a rebuttal to the TCAP:
>http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/9587/index.html

It seems to have been a hoax indeed. Someone on the Chipdir-L
mailing list remarked:

>From: "Op" <oliverp@gte.net>
>Subject: Re: New, much faster, transistor found?
>
>Now don't laugh, but I have been interested in the UFO phenomonon for about
>25 years or so. ACC came out with this claim a few years ago, they have
>since come out and admitted this was claimed merely to boost there computer
>sales. From my understanding this is just a big hoax.

Sorry, for wasting your time.

Well, the first chip-hoax...

Groeten/Greetings,
Jaap

-- Chip Directory
-- http://www.chipdir.com/chipdir/
-- And about 30 mirror sites world-wide.