Re: Firewire/3D/embedded

<assorted snips>

>Dreaming about a MISC device supporting firewire is pointless if we don't even
>have a MISC device, let alone firewire devices, let alone firewire
>devices of a sane enough design to be worth using if we had the luxury
>of using MISC.

We have a principle, and there are some chips around, we can build around what we know and what we have, fleshing out the possibilities should give us some pointers.

>The PC maybe have the desktop and the internet, but the handheld is still up
>for grabs.

What I see is a rash flood to try to take some foothold, often with underpowered and low specced devices (hey, sound familiar?).

Luis.