Re: website for MISC -Reply

Uhhhh, nice one, but....taken, in the .org .net and .com domains. So far www.minima.org is winning out. I'll give it a week or so before the final tally, in case new suggestions pop in and it will give me time to go and buy it before I go on my hols.

Luis

>>> "Mike Simon" <mlsimon@mail.rkd.snds.com> 19/07/99 19:28:59 >>>
I like min which is the minimum of minimum.

Simon
==============================

====================
Mike Simon
Sundstrand Aerospace
POB 7002
Rockford, Illinois 61125
815-226-3326
FAX 815-226-2552
mlsimon@snds.com

>>> Luis Commins <Luis@ucea.ac.uk> 19 July 1999 >>>
Cor!! I wasn't expecting anyone to offer cash for space!! I was thinking on the lines of members/contributors having free space. I can get a good deal on the name and some 20 MB of space, so I reckon initially there would be no charge as there wouldn't be that much stuff on the site, but it's a good point if we need to get more space.

Lloyd Prentice has offered space on his server, and the nice thing is that it would be managed and interactive, where I would only offer design and space. This isn't fully confirmed so don't all jump on him!! Then the site would be 'relocated' if there is enough flow of information.
Lloyd: are the 'tools' you mentioned platform specific? (ie: UNIX or other type of server only?)

Oh, 'www.minimal.org' is not taken either. I kinda like 'minimum.org', but we need a vote on this. I'll plump for the cash so that we can at least have it registered as soon as possible, soooooo VOTE NOW!! Any other name suggestions welcome, here are the possibles so far:

www.minimum.org
www.minima.org
www.minimal.org

VOTE NOW!!

Luis.

>>> David Cary <d.cary@ieee.org> 18/07/99 02:27:29 >>>

I think
  http://www.minimum.org
or
  http://www.minima.org
would be cool.

I would pay $4/month + $25 startup fee if I could put my web pages at
  http://www.minima.org/~cary
.
No direct telephone access, just let me FTP to upload files to my directory.

Has "www.minimal.org" been taken ?