Re: MISC-d Digest V99 #97

Yesterday at the Windows CE Tour at the San Jose Wyndham I watched
as le monsieur from Microsoft assembled what seemed to be a jillion
lines of code to create an image to download to a small Sherry pentium
based single-board right there on the lecturn. He said you should
incrementally compile then download, then add your application. But
he then violated his own advice by assembling a small application at the
same time as the CE system. The laptop compiled for a full ten minutes,
and the download had fatal errors. No time to redo it for the demo.
Listening to all the guffaws in the audience, I knew I would not under-
stand what errors the guy made or what the code did not do. I can barely
understand what is going on inside Forth.
Charles Moore says you should wright 1x code. He also says you should
write your own browser. I would like to try this, if anyone out there
can point me the way ??

grundhog@travelin.com