Re: MISC-d Digest V99 #100

DR-DOS (lineo.com) has a nice TCP/IP interface for
$100 for two including DR-DOS. A complete devlopment
package is $500.

Stephen Pelc suggested this to me in a personal phone call.

Simon

>>> Jeff Fox <ut@value.net> 11/20 1:15 PM >>>
>  e. tcp/ip ppp slip and other protocals - big book stores or linux
>sites  print the details

>I need a FORTH based Ethernet TCP/IP stack.
>A suggestion for an ISA based card would be helpful as well.
>
>I am using F-PC. I have $$$$ but not too much time.
>
>Any suggestions? Skip Carter is working on one but it is not done.

There are DOS, Windows, and Unix interfaces to TCP/IP stacks that
are available if you are developing in those enviroments.  You
would need a file to interface F-PC to the DOS stack. You can
use the socket services in one of those interfaces unless you prefer
write one yourself for whatever reasons but it is a big job.

>Questions: why isn't 4os free software?

Because it is owned by iTV and they paid for development.  They have
not choosen to make their software free but rather to sell it as a
package or bundle it with their hardware.  Investors prefer the idea
of selling product to giving it away. It is hard to predict
what will happen in the future, too many variables.

>Why isn't the itvc website updated for years?

I think it is more like a year.  They seem to be playing their cards
close to the vest as they have most of the time.

Jeff Fox UltraTechnology www.value.net/~ut   www.UltraTechnology.com