Re: MISC-d Digest V00 #11

---
I guess it's just a promotion (half price), but right now there's a
$99 internet box that looks like the real deal...

For $99 you get 32MB RAM, USB, modem, sound, colour LCD, keyboard,
mouse, and a 16MB flash disk.  And IDE support, though a disk doesn't
come with it.

ITV, eat your heart out.

http://www.linux-hacker.net/iopener
http://www.netpliance.com
---

Why would they want to put Linux on it, QNX is a far superior OS (Ask the
disgruntled Amiga fans who were told that QNX, for their new machines, was
to be dropped for Linux on pure PC political reasons).

Speaking of Transmedia Cruoso chip, I was trying to find out what happened
to the Amiga thing (apart from Linux being dropped for the vastly superior
Toas based OS)it appears that the new Amiga was to use the chip.  Somebody
was asking about using Crusuo native code, the Amiga machine might allow
this (knowing Amigains), if it ever gets released and if it doesn't just
support a Toas related mode.

Wayne.