Re: F21/P21 "improvements"

Jeff Fox wrote:

"I think enhancements to coprocessors are more in order as the
CPU is already pretty tweaked.  The big bottleneck is the
memory interface......"

This may be a question that was covered before I started subscribing to
the list, but what are the design issues with placing memory on the same
chip as the processor? With the designs I see being discussed, it would
appear to me that only about 16KB-64KB of memory is needed, which should
fit onto a normal-sized chip just fine.  I know that this would increase
the final production cost of the chip and result in a lower yield, but
wouldn't the performance gains be worth it?
begin:vcard
n:Tutt;Alan
tel;work:(616)453-6829
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Enchanted Heirlooms
adr:;;;Grand Rapids;MI;49504;
version:2.1
email;internet:AlanT@ionline.com
title:Photographer
note;quoted-printable:My mission is to create Art that evokes feelings of peace, beauty, =0D=0Aand wonder.=0D=0A=0D=0AAny portrait, wedding or promotional photography I do comes with=0D=0Aa 100% satisfaction guarantee.=0D=0A=0D=0A=0D=0AWill travel anywhere in a 100 mile radius.
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1
fn:Alan Tutt
end:vcard