Re: Chucks address

Now I think I am starting to understand. Seems an in-
verter is still the most 'logical' minimal gate, or
input to anything else, such as a counter. I thot
that rule went out with TTL but it may still be true
in complementary MOS. Anyhow that would explain why
Chuck wants every other counter stage to invert.

Grey codes are interesting, a sequence that changes
the most minimal amount. I thoght this may be used
to minimise power drain pulses when going from, say,
0111 to 1000
Thanks for the references.
Is there any approach to some kind of lookup table,
a hard-etched strip of stuff on chip that would
eliminate the counters and decoder to get to the
memory? Or is this too wacko? I am sure Chuck Babbage
would have used the concept, with his little brass
wheel.

Cyan Cernwnos
grundhog@travelin.com