Re: Why can't you guys not even properly run a mailing list?

At 14:14 20000616 +1000, Eddie Matejowsky wrote:
>Also..
>Why aren't there any un-subscribe instructions in the list .sig
>I'm sure being a list mum is thankless work and becomes a pain after a few
>years.
>So thanks but I think this is my stop - can somebody please tell me how to
>disembark.
>Ciao Eddie,
>Eddie Matejowsky eddiema@iprimus.com.au or e.matejowsky@cat.csiro.au
>Sent from work - http://www.cat.csiro.au/
>My personal web page at come.to/eddieworld
>Work Number is 07-32124769

Usually it helps to send a message to both
majordomo@<hostname>
and
listserv@<hostname>

with in the body of the message

unsubscribe <list name>

Had to do a bit of cut-and-pasting first, but:
hostname = MISC
and
hostname = pisa.rockefeller.edu

So send a message to majordomo@pisa.rockefeller.edu
with in the body of the message:
unsubscribe MISC
and then send the same message to listserv@

But you never know what sects require you to do to
unsubscribe completely!

Perhaps sign a contract in blood to relieve them of any
responsibility?

Greetings,
Jaap

PS. Just kidding...