Chuck's motives

I'm not clear if you guys are hearing what Chuck says:

              He is having fun with computers.

To have fun you have to learn something. So first he learned how to
optimize a language. Now he is learning how to optimize hardware.

He is doing GREAT research, don't get me wrong. Having fun does not mean
that the by-product is not usefull. Forth is a fantastic tool if you
want to learn about computers. It is a great prototyping language and
of course can be used for anything. Yes, cmFORTH or colorFORTH should be
ported to everything in sight. Native code! It want to be able to replace
my BIOS chip! Or boot Forth from my ethernet card. That would be fun.

If you are running a business then 98% of your business problems have
nothing to do with your choice of programming language. It doesn't matter
that C is horrible. Keep in mind that good enough is perfect when it comes
to most business technologo. That's why people use Linux and Apache when
it comes to getting a webserver up TODAY.

Dvorak must be referring to the fun aspect of Forth when he calls it
a religion.

Dirk