Re: future computers (sorta OT)

Greg Alexander wrote:
> <snip>
> 	What I fear most about moving into the "real world" is dumbass
> coworkers.

Your fears are completely justified IMHO. It was more fun and free of
insane politics in the late 1970s and early 1980s before the bogus industry
standards we are saddled with these days existed. There was a prevalent
atmosphere of excitment and creativity when we had to use stone knives and
bearskins to develop our own efficient solutions to our problems. In those
days the availability of an 8K CMOS SRAM was a sensational breakthrough! I
insist that the results we got were not only technically superior to the
present day off-the-shelf approach, but also delivered in a more timely
fashion than is possible today because of the ease of debugging original
code and hardware design, i.e. the developer was _always_ in the driver's
seat. The present-day fat, decadent mindset benefits only the retailers of
bloatware. I find it heartening that your take on matters as a member of
the up-and-coming generation shows such immunity to the brainwashing that
sucks in most of the people most of the time.

Non Illegitimae Carborundum - Don't Let the Bastards Wear You Down

Myron Plichota