Re: Greg's questions

> I wasted $50 on the MuP21.  I strongly advise nobody ever make the
> same mistke.

thanx for telling the people who have not yet taken this step.  it is
too bad, because it probably would be fun to hack around with such a
chip.  but one needs some assurance that it can be made to work, which
needs good documentation.

> I've not entirely given up on someday making use of my P21...but
> it's just not worth it.  Through lack of caring, Ting's taken
> something beautifully simple and made it horribly complicated, just
> with bad documentation.  You've further compounded this problem by
> being simultaneously MISC's loudest advocate and also the biggest
> asshole towards anyone who asks questions.

i admit to have so far been a passive bystander.  i have an interest
in the MISC concept, but unfortunately, i have been getting a similar
impression of the quality and reliability that the documentation of a
chip such as the P21 seems to have, and the "cultist" way by which the
"insiders" treat everybody else.  i also find it a bit strange that
ting and chuck do not seem to be actively participating on this
mailing list, because clearly their technical understanding could
contribute very much to the quality of discussion here.

it is clear that in order to sell anything, a lot of good, reliable
and free information needs to be made available, best on the www.  if
the documentation is cumbersome to decipher and reverse-engineer, the
whole point of elegant simplicity in MISC is lost in practise, as greg
has pointed out.  good documentation is a basic business requirement,
irrespective of whether you are selling MISC, CISC, or whatever.  it
would serve as advertisement, would answer a lot of the questions that
seem to get re-iterated on this mailing list, and would be able to
lower the barrier of entry for people who want to familiarize
themselves with the unusual features of these chips.  it is too bad
that neither ting nor jeff seem to understand the value and importance
of this.

--
greetings
markus krummenacker