Re: searchable list archive

Greg Alexander wrote:

> As per Nick Cabatoff's suggestion I downloaded the list archive.
> I then wrote a very simple (and slow, but the archive is not very big so I
> don't think it matters) perl script to search it.
>
> http://www.sietch.dhs.org/cgi-bin/search
>
> have fun.  Let me know if there's any trouble or any suggestions.

Thanks, it's useful. No troubles at the moment.

Yesterday I have tried to access the archive via
IMAP (I think searching is enabled this way) with
different e-mail clients but without success (I
don't want to use a PC as a dumb terminal as with
Pine). It's the first time I try to use IMAP and
I'm not sure to understand correctly this parameters:

  {pisa.rockefeller.edu/anonymous}list.MISC

In particular I have read "Syntax for IMAP Folders
and Collections" here:

  http://www.washington.edu/pine/user-guide/info/imap.syntax.html

but it's not clear how to configure account name
and password requested in some (most?) e-mail clients.
Any suggestion from MISC readers? Is IMAP access
still active?

Best regards.

--
Massimo Dentico