Ink_Jet printable display screens; PGA Break through; and humour

Obviously July 4th is like April 1st in the US or we are in for interesting
times>

From: http://www.tomshardware.com/technews/technews-20000704.html

>British firm develops Printable?video screen

>Cambridge Display Technology claims to have developed a new video display
>screen >made of cheap plastic that can be produced simply by printing it
>out on an ink->jet printer. The inexpensive screen uses light-emitting
>polymers -- a type of plastic that can >be charged to change color speck by
>speck -- uses little power and no backlight, >and can be read at almost any
>angle. While there are still bugs to be worked out, company officials
>expect >manufacturers licensing the technology to produce significant
>volumes of the >screens by 2002. More details are available at
>www.techweb.com.

>Lucent announces new IC technology

>Lucent Technologies has developed new integrated-circuit technology that
>more >than triples the operating speed and gate density of its previous
>communications >chips. The company said its field-programmable gate array
>(FPGA) IC technology -- which >lets designers incorporate last-minute
>changes in networking standards or >customer specifications into complex IC
>designs -- will be included in several of >its silicon products later this
>year. The story is posted online at www.techweb.com.

I have seen posts in the last couple of weeks going on about printable
circuits.  I submitted a post a few weeks before about printable circuits
etc.  There afre also polymers that can form 1 micron circuits from light
exposure.  I have a number of news artcles stashed somewhere on these
techniques (I though it would come in handy for cheap p16 type circuits).
Jeff, if you pay for a search at www.newscientist.com (polymer, plastic,
electrical, circuits, print??, ink, jet, laser etc) you will turn up
commercial references to most of them).  Also searching the sites of the
electric engineering journals (and buying the yearly portable/handheld
technology reports, EDN or EE?), and variouse electronics mag and
www.techweb.com type sites will turn up the companies.

>Renowned Geneticist Declares Fat People Best Lovers

>Fourth of July story number 2.

>Apparently not satisfied with his co-discovery of the structure of DNA --
> >certainly one of humanity’s seminal achievements -- Nobel Prize winning
> >geneticist Dr. James Watson has now turned his eyes to one of today’s
>most >important topics, fat people and sex.

>The hormone MSH is the key to this profound insight, Dr. Watson claims. MSH
>is >related to endorphins and leptin. Endorphins are the well known
>morphine-like >chemicals that the body naturally produces, while leptin is
>made in fat tissue -- >the more fat the more leptin. MSH is positively
>affected by leptin levels and >endorphin production is similarly related to
>MSH. Since MSH is connected to >sexual desire and mood enhancing
>endorphins, Dr. Watson concludes that the fatter >you are, the stronger
>your sexual motivations will be.

>Dr. Watson boasts, “The people who are hottest sexually are fat white
>people who >are burning in the sun.? [Hmm?makes you wonder what the good
>doctor looks >like. "Yeah, baby, Dr. Love is rolling into town ?and he’s
>got a nice sunburn!"]

>Not content with revealing the superiority of the spatially gifted, Dr.
>Watson >exposes thin people to be miserable and unfulfilled. “When you see
>two thin >people together, you know they’ve got problems,?he explained.

>Watson, 72, also connects the recent drop in crime rates in the U.S. to the
>rise >in obesity.

>Dr. Watson plans to publish a paper on these revelations later this year.

>You can read more about this very serious story here.

>[So this Fourth of July, while I am in my back yard gnawing on a side of
>ribs >soaked in “Uncle Jay’s Gourmet Barbecue Sauce,?munching on bag of
>Tom’s Hot Fries >and sucking down a gallon of sweet tea, I can reassure my
>wife that it is just a >prelude towards the fireworks tonight and I’m not
>talking about the roman >candles.]

>Tom’s Hardware Guide wishes all Americans a happy and safe Fourth of July
> >holiday.

I'm no longer skinny and this still sounds wrong;)
(And they think that Misc people sound funny))

Wayne