Re: [colorforth] forth taxonomy

> At SV FIG we are working on a way to broadcast presentations via VNC
> (Freeware) which sends out a live copy of the presenters screen and audio
> too.  It is still experiential but maybe Chuck could use it after we test it
> more.  Is there more interest here?

Absolutely.  I'm quite familiar with VNC.  VNC is wholesale inadequate for
real-time video broadcast, though -- it just doesn't have enough compression.
It's much better to use a streaming format, like MPEG4.  Unless you create a
VNC server and client with streaming video compression capabilities as an
enhancement.  And I am *definitely* interested in that!!

But it's not the same as actually being there.  I suspect that meeting
participants linger after the actual formal meeting.  Sometimes, the things you
learn post-meeting is as important as the things you learn in-meeting.

Still, we're long overdue for another Fireside chat!!  :)

--
Samuel A. Falvo II