Re: [colorforth] FML

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 06:56 am, Mark Slicker wrote:
> > <chipChuck> I see a Forth Markup Language supplementing HTML
>
> Heck with HTML.  I see it as *replacing* HTML.  But that is just me.  :)

An aside, HTML can be used a little like Forth. Many of these of tags
don't require end tags, so they may be considered like commands
interspered with text. I don't know if this was the intended design or the
result of lazy browsers. I think XML is strictly structered with begin
and end tags required.

> Chuck described the FML document has having purple commands intermixed
> with regular text.  I missed this the first time around, and changes now
> how I originally viewed FML.  WIth the original FML, I thought we had,
> for example, white letters being normal text, red letters being bold,
> green being italics, etc.  Since only one color is used for issuing
> commands, this is of course still a possibility.
>
> Since I'm in need of better website authoring tools for my company's
> website, I'm going to be researching this, albeit in the context of
> FTS/Forth (my new name for FS/Forth).  I may have to define a ColorText
> block editor to support it, but the basic goal should be achievable.

Would you use a block editor to write documentation? I think the blocks
work great for Forth code. I think you can succesfully enforce this kind
of style of code. For general writing, it seems there should not be fixed
boundries. I'm also not sure I would use huffman coding. Maybe utf-8
(unicode) would be sufficient, and would contain a builtin extensibility
for other languages.

It seems with documentation you complete the system cycle. Chuck has
thought of evey part of the development process, all the times, from
conception to design to editing to compiling to interpreting. The newest
colorForth looks to self describing in code. Documentation may be the last
key for a complete fully self-describing system.

Mark