Re: [colorforth] FML

Hi Mark,

I have been busy with colorForth, making some changes to some of the system
words ( ?dup -> /dup etc.
I did this using colorForth, with some additions to dump to display word
names and ASCII.
What I now realise is that the assembler files are now out of sync, so I am
trying to edit them and re-assemble.
I have downloaded the *.htm files from your "vesa" download, which is the
one that I have used for cfdos.blk.
But I am having problems with MASM. I converted the files to *.s , but get
"invalid character" errors. Chuck's *.asm files nearly work...

So, could you possibly email me the actual files that you used to assemble
the "vesa" system, plus details of which assembler ( is it MASM? ) that you
used, and a simple how to.

I was hoping never to have to re-assemble, but needs must...

BTW, you say that you use VBE to acquire the frame buffer location - what
does this mean, and where is the code?

I have also ported the "slime" ( AKA "snakes" ) game, simple sounds, and a
few other bits and pieces. I will publish RSN.
Also the editor display side. I just need to add the token "accept", keypad
and insert/delete functions.

Many thanks in advance,

Howerd