Re: [colorforth] FML

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Howerd Oakford wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I have been busy with colorForth, making some changes to some of the system
> words ( ?dup -> /dup etc.
> I did this using colorForth, with some additions to dump to display word
> names and ASCII.
> What I now realise is that the assembler files are now out of sync, so I am
> trying to edit them and re-assemble.

If I interpret this correctly, new versions of colorforth come
forth from Chuck Moore as a binary image?

I have this "reverse engineering" Forth assembler which allows to
disassemble a file, then generate an exact same image using the
disassembly. (See my site below.)
There are no provisions for labels as yet or attaching comment to
positions in the source, or most importantly, separating code
from data automatically.
But I think it wouldn't be too much work to
make it into a tool that facilitates the generating of an assemblable/
understandable source.
I do have a disassembler for the 6809 that allows accumulation of
information about a disassembly. This I can make into a specification
of how a information-accumulating reverse-engineering disassembler
should behave. This is a sinfull project in its own right.
Because it is Forth (although no color forth) it can be extended
to have specific facilities to handle the Huffman strings etc.

> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Howerd

        One man-hour to invent,
                One man-week to implement,