Re: [colorforth] Low res or low color ColorForth

> Looking at the latest on c.l.f. of people who "just
> can't get ColorForth to run" got me to thinking.
> What about a version of ColorForth that didn't
> require SuperVGA?  So far the only ColorForth programs
> that I've seen that really push the resolution/color
> envelope are the JPEG decoder and the Mandelblot
> viewer.  I'm thinking VGA Mode X (320x240x256) or
> one of the high res EGA modes if resolution is
> more important than color (800x600x16 for example).
> Would making ColorForth run under either of these
> modes be an extreme undertaking?

See my colorForth index web page at:
http://www.users.qwest.net/~loveall/c4index.htm

All of my computers are run at 800x600 so the first mod of Chuck's colorForth
was a change of resolution which you can find there along with links to other
modified colorForth kernels.

Also, see my 4word color forth which runs under DOS and just uses standard
BIOS calls to set the color. Its web page is
http://www.users.qwest.net/~loveall/ModProg.htm

Regards,
Terry Loveall