[colorforth] Low res or low color ColorForth

Hello all,

Looking at the latest on c.l.f. of people who "just
can't get ColorForth to run" got me to thinking.
What about a version of ColorForth that didn't
require SuperVGA?  So far the only ColorForth programs
that I've seen that really push the resolution/color
envelope are the JPEG decoder and the Mandelblot
viewer.  I'm thinking VGA Mode X (320x240x256) or
one of the high res EGA modes if resolution is
more important than color (800x600x16 for example).
Would making ColorForth run under either of these
modes be an extreme undertaking?

Regards,

John M. Drake