Re: [colorforth] Low res or low color ColorForth

On Friday 27 February 2004 09:21 pm, Oninoshiko wrote:
> you know in my experence the problem that seems to happen alot, is
> that people try to use an intigradted video chipset. i have never had
> this work. i think it i is because most intigrated video chipsets try
> and "borrow" system memory to construct a framebuffer in. i am not
> shure, this is a gut instict.

Integrated video chipsets can do whatever they want.  But it's also true,
PCI and AGP can *also* borrow system memory if they wanted.

The problem is not the fact that they may use system RAM for video frame
buffer.  The problem is learning to utilize the chipsets.  This requires
documentation, and that is something that is hard to come by.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II