Re: [colorforth] Assembler or machinecode. Was Re: [colorforth] New Linux 4word

On Apr 9, 2005 2:25 PM, Dr Nick Maroudas <alice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
  At present, I am trying to make sense of the present boot  code, but
what do floppy disc and Intel CPU want from  each other?  (Ray, does
this qualify for the most stupid  question?)
 [snip]
  But last night I wondered if the keyset could  be reduced to 5 by
implementing Terry's one-handed  hacker's coding in software.  So I
have to ask more  stupid question: what i/o ports detect the
simultaneous  pressing of 4 keys?  Where does CF translate a keypress
into a character?
[snip]
Regards,

 Nick

Ray here,
Ordinarily, Doctor, I would have to say "yes, stupid question".
BUT most stupid?

Being as I don't know the answer to either one of your questions,
neither one qualifies for most stupid, I suppose. But then I,
personally, may qualify as most stupid in the group, owing to the fact
that I only hang out in groups where everybody has, at the least, 10
more iQ points then myself.

Therefore, I declare that these questions and more shall be thrown
into the pot of stupid questions relating to colorforth, voted on next
February by any and all members of this list, and prize to be awared
on April Fools Day.

We have till next February to decide what that prize should be.

My current personal favorite idea for a prize would be a handsigned
floppy of a state of the art colorforth mailed from CM's postal
address. We could compile one, send to Chuck, beg him to sign the note
that awards the recipient for the "Most Stupid Question Relating To
The Design, Operation, or Implementation Of ColorForth -- 20xx! (then
in fine print) as determined by very partial judges!

To the success of fractured projects!
Ray
--
Ray St. Marie
Rastm2ATusersDOTsourceforgeDOTnet and aolDOTcom