Re: [colorforth] colorForth under Qemu

More tech about saving and restoring from qemu:

Qemu has a control panel that you access with 'Ctrl-Alt-2'. A 'help' command
lists 'savevm' and 'loadvm'. Running 'savevm dud.bin' creates a virtual image
that is re-entrant, i.e. restarting qemu, switching to the control panel,
entering 'loadvm dud.bin' and switching back to the main app with 'Ctrl-Alt-1'
restarts where you left off.

A quick check shows that the start of the saved RAM image is located at offset
0x237 from the start of dud.bin. This means that it is possible to read and
write modifications to colorForth.

As an aside, it looks like networking might be usable from within qemu. It
provides a virtual NIC in the form of a PCI NE2000 located at I/O address
0xc100, using irq 11.

Regards,
Terry