Re: [colorforth] Hello - and where to begin?

Ray St. Marie wrote:
Hi Albert

Ray here,

Well said! Disservice!

No, I don't have an XO at this time. In fact, I don't even have the
simulator software installed here yet.

I plan to be more involved over spring and summer.
As it turns out, I will be heading to your part of the world sometime
in the spring. I'm asking Tim (rj-cf in chat) to advise me when the
trip gets closer to execution as to where to stay and any events that
I should consider. I look so forward to seeing these places in Europe,
one of the few parts of the world I have not been to as yet.

My best to you
Ray

There are VMware images available. See http://dev.laptop.org/pub/virtualbox/

The current stable build on the Give One Get One machines is http://dev.laptop.org/pub/virtualbox/ship.2-OLPC-653.zip

Are there ColorForth ELF executables around, or would they need to be dis-assembled from the binary boot floppies and re-assembled? Actually, now that I think of it, if you can boot a ColorForth floppy on a virtual machine, you ought to be able to write some code that would dump the in-core image as an ELF raw binary.