Re: [colorforth] Hello - and where to begin?

Ray St. Marie wrote:
On Jan 20, 2008 5:57 PM, Gwenhwyfaer <gwenhwyfaer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 20/01/2008, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The OLPC project was really very firm on keeping the number of
programming languages to a bare minimum, namely Python, Squeak Smalltalk
and Open Firmware Forth. Of course with Mitch Bradley representing Forth
and Alan Kay representing Smalltalk both senior members of the OLPC
team, I wouldn't expect anything else. But if you have the "Linux port"
of the Open Firmware Forth on the machine already, and can install
gForth out of the Fedora repositories, is there a place for colorforth?
Wouldn't Open Firmware be in the OLPC at the very lowest level, before
Linux has even had a chance to wake itself up? In which case, the OLPC
is arguably already a dedicated Forth box, from the second one
switches it on...

You don't get ring 0 access with out a special ( easy to obtain but
one would have to enter a special)  key.

This is obviously to protect the 'mother' OS and the machine.
colorForth boot process may have to handle that situation.
- I was going to say Xcolorforth, but it looks as though Mark
Slicker's website has gone away; anyone still have a copy? (hmm. Isn't
this where we came in...?)

http://colorforthray.info/XcolorForth.tar.gz

Smiles. :)

Well ... I got it ... and GLColorForth. But neither one compiles. The "as" assembler is choking on the "push", "pop" and "call" op codes. So ... off to Google. ;(