Re: [colorforth] How to recreate the 31 July color.com

Dear Ray,

Ray St. Marie said the following on 22/02/2008 22:52:
Please, can you add some specifics? Pentium 2? Speed?
It is a 500MHz Celeron. I'm afraid I can't be any more specific than that at the moment as it /did/ boot Win2K, but I tried to install something else on it that required GRUB (ForthOS I think) and now the hard disk doesn't boot at all. At the moment I don't need it to, so I just cannot force myself to spend time to fix it when there is more fun to be had! When I get it going again I'll let you know more details--or is there a simple, bootable, diagnostic program that I could use to get the info you'd like?
Okay Jason if I understand you correctly you are trying to mate a
colorforth kernel to a colorforth bytecoded section.

If this be the case, you might find that Howerd Oakford's cfdos
version 4 has a clever facility to accomplish this.

http://www.inventio.co.uk/cfdos.htm

If you are a little more brave you can use a hex editor, and this is
what I typpically do, tho I started mateing systems using Howerds code
viewer, the cfdos series of programs at his site.

If this is what you are trying to accomplish, then say and if you need
help, ask. :)

Ray.
I have just been using a hex editor, but if this is a tool intended specifically for colorForth then I will certainly take a look. Thanks for the advice.

Jason