Re: Home built PCBs

> Date sent:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 03:09:14 +0100
> From:           Jaap van Ganswijk <ganswijk@xs4all.nl>
> To:             misc
> Subject:        Home built PCBs

> Hi,
>
> Is this what was asked about in the other email?
>
> Greetings,
> Jaap
>

> >Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 16:44:40 -0500
> >From: "Richard Mustakos, VMI '82" <mustakos@mrj.com>
> >To: ganswijk@xs4all.nl
> >Subject: Home built PCBs
> >

> >You Need:
> >   a sturdy piece of thin fiberglass (or some other insulator)
> >   a laser printer with a straight through paper path
> >   conductive paste, I think it is silver based, but there may
> >      be
> >   a squeegee

:Massive instructions deleted ;

Not like me a number of months ago, testing out an old idea
of where ever photocopier toner was conductive or not so I
could make Macro Roms.  Of course I got infinitive
resistence on my Multi-metre.

Anybody interested in homebrew, there are a number of these schemes
using ink jet printer technology and macro-circuits on the peices of
plastic, using variouse drawings for the components.  So maybe we
could make processor designs with this.

Certainly would be cheaper than fabbing, but who would be interested
in buy these macro products, wouldn't they be too slow and not as
effective as surfacemounting a real chip?

Wayne.