Re: "the ladies' auxilliary" [WAS: questions (about x21)]

> > My question to Jeff and Chuck is: Do you want
> > guys like me embarking on fund-raising activities
> > and other donations of effort in the first place?
>
> My questions to Jeff and Chuck are:
>
> - How receptive are you to constructive crticism?  Harsh words can
> often conceal excellent intentions...  Can you accept the risk and
> ego-blow of editorialization and correction of what others [who are
> not part of your privileged inner-circle] find to be deficiencies in
> your documentation?
>
> - How prepared are you to establish clear boundaries wrt what you
> consider to be your intellectual property?  Keep any proprietary
> secrets as you wish/must, but evading *crucial* 'newbie'-type
> questions (like mine) results in the perception that you are either:
> A) full of shit, or  B) establishing a new elite priesthood --
> neither of which is in accord with the FORTH / MISC philosophy, and
> neither of which I think  to be true!

You know... no one has said such things about the i21 and itvc.  And maybe
I'm not understanding the argument... but by reading Jeff's articles I can
understand why there isn't an encyclopedia of documentation - one reason
being it's still in the prototype phase, and the other being that many
dismiss the chip based on it's abilities - assuming that those abilities are
technically impossible.  But maybe I *am* misunderstanding this little
squirmish going on in the mailing list.

> > My question to the MISC list is: How many of you would
> > actually kick in some cash in support of fund-raising,
> > how much, and for what deliverables?
>
> I am already on record as supporting the T-shirt idea, say, 3 shirts
> @$US33 each?  I would gladly purchase a copy of *decent* F21 doc --
> particularly if it was rolled into a "2's-complement cookbook" for
> $US99.
>
> Other voluntary contributions?  I dunno;  Print- and web-publishing
> skills?  PCB fab?  It all depends on fate...  Who knows what other
> members of this list may be able to contribute?

I'm building a website for the F21 that is aimed at investors.  All I have
is a skeleton site so far but it's growing fast.  I have neither technical
nor marketing expertise, so we'll see if it works out.