Re: Chucks address

Jaap van Ganswijk writes:

 > Computer architecture shouldn't depend on what
 > is doable in hardware at the moment. The folly of the

There's a thing called physical laws. You have to take computational
physics into account if you want to push what is possible.

 > day. Technologies will progress and lame choices made
 > in the past because of hardware technological reasons
 > will hinder the future software developments.
 > Computer architecture should always be a compromise
 > between hard and software. And therefore a compromise
 > between hardware men and software men.

Wait until Moore runs out. Then, we'll see whether you can ignore
computational physics.

 > And also a compromise with marketing men and
 > finance men etc.

Today, yes. Tomorrow, who knows.

 > Let's give up the MISC dream! It's over, get real!

While I don't expect so see working F21 silicon anytime soon, I expect
to see MISC ideas to survive, and eventually wind up in
mainstream/other hobbyist designs. OpenSourcing the hardware is the
best news I heard for a long while.