Fw: aha, ENTH and Flux

These new projects are quite cool!  I love the name 'aha'!  I look forward
to seeing/hearing more about it.  Jeff, are you writing aha in your emulator
or on the prototype F21 chips?  You got me thinking about
keyboardless/mouse-only interfaces, and at lunch today I started prototyping
(in Windows) a mouse-only text input mechanism.  If I get anywhere with it,
I will post some notes.

I have read through the Flux web page and the email log and I am quite
impressed with Sean Pringle's descriptions.  I am very eager to look at the
code.  Being on a Pentium, I would find it easier to work with than F21.  I
would like to try to write some software for & with Flux.

Perhaps eight months ago I started my own floppy-disk boot loader to build a
Color Forth system like Flux.  However, I got bogged down with interrupt
service routine issues, some malfunctioning hardware, and a bunch of other
things.  If I ever get back to it, I would want to use the boot code from
Flux or perhaps parts of Micro-C/OS-II.  Earlier, I had started with Chuck's
OK code, but I wanted to have _some_ ISRs activated.  OK's loader set up the
Global Descriptor Table, filled in the interrupt table with entries to jump
back to DOS on soft interrupts, then disabled hardware interrupts totally.
Flux sounds like it will support more generic hardware and interrupts than
Chuck's current Color Forth/OKAD system.  If so, things like PPP over a
modem may be easier to accomplish.  Perhaps Sean and us other MISCers could
make QNX's 1.4 MB web-surfin' boot disk look 20x too big!  :-)

Regards,
Mike Losh