Re: [colorforth] Low res or low color ColorForth

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Oninoshiko wrote:

> with all due respect, please rememeber that meny of us have no need to use
> graphic features of a card. to be perficly honest i only care about video
> support because it is required for colorforth to operate. i would be just
> as content use a colour terminal on the serial port. i want to skimp
> everywhere i can so i can spend the money on maxing the stuff i really need.
>
> (i am aware of your G400 driver, and think it sounds vary interesting, it
> just seems to me that meany of us probily have spacific applications in
> mind for c4th, some of them do not requitre graphics support)
>
> "A Pax, a pax, a pax upon thee"

Sure, I'm not saying we must use these features.

The only point I wanted make was this PC platform is the product of a vast
accumulation of software and hardware artifacts. I think it could easily
be swept away with the right hardware/software platform.

Mark