Re: [colorforth] Hello - and where to begin?

If you are talking about taking into account limitations imposed on you
by your employer (i.e., a C based approach), then of course Forth does
not make sense.  I find such limitations unacceptable, and given my
circumstances am able to avoid them completely, so it is a non-issue
for me.

I think a lot of the issues around Forth come down to the simple fact
that Forth is not something to be accommodated within the existing
structures that dominate in the computing world.  If you want to use a
Forth approach then you must be willing to do what it takes, otherwise
stick with the current structures.  Kuhn wrote about this dynamic a
long time ago and others have refined his findings.