Re: [colorforth] Hello - and where to begin?

Well Done!

Hi Nick, Ray here...

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Nick Maroudas
<alice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nick again:  Have succeeded to prepare a bootable
> floppy
> from Howerd's CFDOS4.blk image, for a 3GHz 64bit
> Pentium
> D on Intel 945 motherboard.  Having deduced that
> previous difficulty might be a hardware problem (see
> quote below) the solution was to prepare the floppy on
> the same 64 bit PC that it is intended to boot.
> (Previously the floppy had been prepared with 0.5GHz
> Pentium on 32 bit ASUS P2 board). Presumably this
> reduces r/w errors due to electrical jitter.  Thanks,
> Howerd, now I have a much faster CF01 - and on a PC that
> doesn't even have an operating system, only BIOS.
>
> Q: Would CFDOS4 still work if one were to replace
> blocks
> 1 to 18 (the CF01 core) with 18 blocks from Josh's CFO5
> version (the one that uses 16bit color as CFO1 does)?

**HERE**

I don't see why not. Anything that doesn't immediately work might just
need a tweeking. Howerd would have his own form of the icons, and the
icons editor...  You know, little ( lol ) things. :-)

Great you got it going. Money not wasted after all. Sweet!

> Caritas,
>
> NickM

With my joy for your success
Ray