Re: [colorforth] colorforth 2.0a for stand-alone and Windows use

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Nick Maroudas
<alice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nick here,
>
> Reporting my progress in booting OkadWork.cf as a stand
> alone floppy:
>
> 1.  The keyboard did not respond simply because I was
> typing blind in Dvorak - but OkadWork has qwerty (so
> what keyboard does QuertyOkadWork.cf have?).  Following
> the instructions to white out the yellow "qwerty" in
> block 18 and reboot (with "env" also changed to 34)
> restored the response to blind Dvorak.

Hi Nick. Looks like you are making progress here.

In order to find out how QwertyOkadWork.cf works:
Think of OkadWork.cf as the template file that the cf2.exe wrapper is
going to load when it is executed so...

To open any file with cf2.exe ( preferably a colorForth file) you must
rename it to OkadWork.cf. It could have been called anything.
Workingfile... on and on. Name does not matter.

I've not done this yet but I will after answering this e-mail.

> 2.  The screen was set to suit my system by changing
> 4118 to 4117 at fa000 in the CF dump, to display 16 bit
> color; also R:G:B in block 26 was adjusted to 5:6:5 as I
> previously posted re Josh Grams's 16 bit version of
> CF05.

Does this mean ( sorry, I don't recall the last post ) that you added
the 5:6:5 routine to your version?

> 3.  So OkadWork.cf looks like it can be set stand alone
> bootable, by a few minor mods in the blocks. However, I
> still have a problem:  the letters are double size ("e"
> gives 13 lines per screen instead of 26).

I don't think I understand what you mean by "e" gives 13 lines per
screen instead of 26.
Can you please add detail for me, as I think I am missing the point?
Thank you in advance.

Ray

> Caritas,
>
> Nick
>
> Quoting Nick Maroudas <alice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> >... "
> >... " I cannot get the CF2 image OkadWork.cf to boot
> >... " from
> >... " floppy as a stand alone system like CF01, CF05
> >... " and
> >... " CFDOS4.blk.  The previous images needed only a
> >... " fix to
> >... " the display, as suggested by Jeff (below); but
> >... " here the
> >... " keyboard also was unresponsive.

Raymond St. Marie ii,
colorforthray.info