Re: [colorforth] Euler Project Problems.

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Nick Maroudas
<alice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Albert and Ray,
>
> Thanks for your interest; it certainly would be nice to
> have someone explain the smart new "Forth assembler"
> boot system in blocks 62-68; especially as it allows
> USBoot. But no hurry: even if a tutorial were posted
> tomorrow, it would still take me years to understand
> it :-) At present I can see vaguely that the new words
> in block 62 allow the original Intel assembly code
> "boot.asm" to be recast as a Forth block, 64. But does
> this mean that Okadwork needs a Forth "wrapper" to load
> block 62?

Dear Dr. Nickolas.

I have found for you (us) this link
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~shaher/Bootable_USB.html
A possibility to try to boot from USB.

I'm reading the USB code in cF2 and looking for referance.

There appears to be optional ( White-Out (tm) ) code in Chuck's USB
driver and USB flash code and the USB/BOOT code blocks. This says to
me that there is a basic construct of how usb boot works along with
some specific code for each machine he is using. Just like the
Nvidia/ati codes. I suppose this much we already know.

But I'm wondering... it can't be all that far from the file at the
link above and getting this done.

No answers yet as to your vid problem. I've not gotten into breaking
the OkadWork.cf file down in hex yet. Need to be pretty bored for that
to happen. :-)

I do have a 2.0GB San Disc Cruzer micro-- similiar to the one
described at the link and I may get to where I can try that info at
that link using it the Cruzer.

Ray
All the best!

--