Re: [colorforth] Euler Project Problems.

http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~shaher/Bootable_USB.html
>... " A possibility to try to boot from USB.
>... "
>... " I'm reading the USB code in cF2 and looking for
>... " referance.
>... "
>... " There appears to be optional ( White-Out (tm) )
>... " code in Chuck's USB
>... " driver and USB flash code and the USB/BOOT code
>... " blocks. This says to
>... " me that there is a basic construct of how usb
>... " boot works along with
>... " some specific code for each machine he is using.
>... " Just like the
>... " Nvidia/ati codes. I suppose this much we already
>... " know.
>... "
>... " But I'm wondering... it can't be all that far
>... " from the file at the
>... " link above and getting this done.
>... "
>... "
>... " I do have a 2.0GB San Disc Cruzer micro--
>... " similiar to the one
>... " described at the link and I may get to where I
>... " can try that info at
>... " that link using it the Cruzer.
>... "
>... "
>... " Ray
>... " Raymond St. Marie ii,
>... " colorforthray.info
>... "
>... "

Nick here,

I made a USBoot pendrive following the link you posted
above, and it boots my favourite MPE Forth for DOS - no
trouble there; but when I tried to boot OkadWork.cf it
refused with a message:  "Athena Forth requires
Windows". So I guess Athene Forth

ftp://ftp.uu.net/vendor/minerva/uathena.htm

might be supplying the "Windows wrapper" that Jeff Fox
mentioned in his release announcement for OkadWork.
My point was, that OkadWork's block 66 is CF's boot.asm
recast as a Forth block:  so, does OkadWork need a
Forth "wrapper" to boot it?

I am now very pleased with ColorForth; it combines
insightful simplicity of the original FIG Forth for
Z80, with the speed of modern CPU.  (Re speed, do your
Euler solutions run equally fast in Windows OkadWork as
in native CF01 or CF02?).

Native CF allows  direct access to my PC hardware - no
other OS needed.   If convenience is important,
OkadWorks smoothly on a nearby Windows box - ready for
the release of those music drivers and video drivers
that Jeff mentioned; and they've even added a QWERTY
keyboard to make Terry happy :-)

Then there is the 25x pendrive to look forward to ....

Caritas,

Nick

****

Praise the Lord who supplies us with all the good things
in life; and all he charges is hard work.
  - Leonardo da Vinci