Re: [colorforth] Euler Project Problems.

Dear Mr. Al-gorithm :-) WORKS! very fast

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 1:47 PM, Albert van der Horst
<albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 02:49:14PM -0600, Ray St. Marie wrote:
>> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Albert van der Horst
>> <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> > A diligent reader of Knuth would have found it in "
>> > the art of programming". It is called synthetic division.
>>
>> Knuth, I own a set. Diligent reader? I fail that test and will remedy
>> it very soon. Thanks for your input here, Albert. I appreciate what
>> you will teach me.

We moved to Denver last year. My Knuth is still in boxes. What
boxes?!!! I don't know! :-(

This is so cool!!...
http://home.hccnet.nl/a.w.m.van.der.horst/horst-iso.frt

> I have added a horst-iso.frt to my side. It should run with no
> problems on iso systems. It runs on lina and gforth.
> gforth gives a host of message like D< redefined 2CONSTANT
> redefined. That is because it has those definitions built-in
>
> FAKTORISEER 144000
> Factor 2
> ..
> Factor 3
> ..
> Factor 5

Works great in win32forth BUT one must reduce the constant MAX.CIJFERS
down from 100, 000
to 10, 000 or you will get a lack of memory error.

I've been playing with the other Horst algo file, the one that is
iterative rather then recursive and I've still had no luck in getting
it to work as intended. I'll keep working on it.

But this one works right out of the box ( not counting minor edit )
It's blazingly fast.

Well Done Albert!

Ray

--