Re: [colorforth] Euler Project Problems.

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Ray St. Marie <ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Albert van der Horst
> <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> A diligent reader of Knuth would have found it in "
>> the art of programming". It is called synthetic division.
>
> Knuth, I own a set. Diligent reader? I fail that test and will remedy
> it very soon. Thanks for your input here, Albert. I appreciate what
> you will teach me.
>
> Ray
> --
> Raymond St. Marie ii,
> colorforthray.info

I found them I found them!
I found my Knuth, the whole Knuth and nothing but the Knuth, so....
Help me, GOD.

<tshirt Knead Knuth </tshirt>

I'm so embarrased about one of these posts that I did about Albert's
Horst Algorithm. How was I to know that COUNT worked like C@+ .

Anyway, I took one of Albert's Algo's and re-wrote it in English and
refactored it to make the code very compact so that I could keep as
many of the programs symbols on the monitor at a time, while I
decomposed the code.

I'm nearly there as to how it does it's job. Now to disassemble the
Knuth on "synthetic division" and I'll be done. Then to port it over
to colorForth and run it to get Euler 3.

Thanks for you're help Albert, and for byteing ( sic) your tongue when
I was ignorant. I'll let ya know how it looks in colorForth as soon as
it's finished.

I'm also doing the Python Challenge at
http://www.pythonchallenge.com/index.htm . I'm trying them in Python,
win32Forth and colorForth and I'll post those to the Python Challenge
site as I finish them. Currently on the 3 problem labled 2.

With those projects and the new wiki and now the blog... I've finally
become a busy man.

Next week, I'm traveling for a few days and will be out of pocket but
I'll be back soon.

Hope you are doing well,
Ray

--