Re: [colorforth] colorforth 2.0a for stand-alone and Windows use

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:20 AM, Ray St. Marie <ray.stmarie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Nick Maroudas
> <alice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Dear Ray,
> >
> > To your questions (below).
> >
> > 1.  In 5:6:5 format, B takes the low 5 bits 0 to 1f, G
> > the middle 6 bits 20 to 740, and R takes the high five.
> >  So in the block named "Colors etc" set white ffff,
> > black 0, red ff00 and blue 1f.  Chuck set green 740 in
> > CF01 but my system prefers green 640.
> >

> I recall haveing to do this the first time that I ran '05. I recall as
> well adjusting green. It would start on my old monitor much too dark
> even to see, until the monitor warmed up.

This problem here is something I've addressed in the past. The '05
version that we got from Josh Grahms didn't include a 5:6:5 routine
that converts the 32 bit color codes that we are all used to using
into the 565 color format that the 4117hex vesa requires.

Adding this routine to an '05 image that is running in 4117 vesa will
allow the '05 user to run everybody elses code unchanged in the
display.

Obviously I don't think this is the sizeing problem you are having with 2.0a.

Is it convenient to have block 30 be different from the rest of the
world by redefining the colors there? I think it's easier to add the
5:6:5 code to the kernel and then be done with it. YMMV :-)

Ray
--
Raymond St. Marie ii,
colorforthray.info